Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Watōjutsu is a type of kenjutsu originating in China which involves the Watō. The only known user of this style is Yukishiro Enishi, who claims to have mastered it.
Watōjutsu is a style that focuses on a high enough offense so that defense isn't necessary. The style is shown to be a near-perfect counter for the techniques used in Hiten Mitsurugi-Ryū.
- Shugeki Tosei: Ensihi's first technique. He hits Kenshin with the sword from below, but he puts his foot against the non-sharp edge, maximizing the force he uses. This can result in a real damaging effect, if used right.
- Kaishi Tosei: Enishi's counterattack. He puts the hilt against the opponent's sword, countering his attack. After that, he makes a quick turn, and thrusts the point of his sword into his enemy. This type of counterattack resembles Kenshin's Ryu-Kan-Sen.
- Shoha Tosei: A technique that resembles the Shugeki Tosei. Enishi starts with his sword up in the air over his head (Jodan guard in Japanese kenjutsu) and he sweeps it down on his opponent. When he sweeps it down, he uses his hand on the non-sharp edge of the sword, to maximize his attack force.
- Choten Tosei: Counter move against an aerial attack. When his opponent jumps up to attack, Enishi plants his sword in the ground, and uses it to lift him higher in the air. While he jumps up, he holds the cord from his sword, and when he's up in the air, he uses it to recover his sword, so that he can attack his opponent. He places his hand on the sword, just like with the Shoha Tosei, to maximize his attack power.
- Setsuran Tosei: Enishi ducks low to the ground, as if he's planning on using the Koffuku Zettosei, but insead he gets up and unleashes a fury of strikes, giving the opponent no chance to evade or counterattack. It almost looks like he unleashes a whirlwind of sword strikes on his opponent. This attack is so strong because it's based on a great speed, and on the force behind it.
- Shikku Tosei: When Enishi jumps high in the air to get to Kenshin, he uses the point where his jump force is equal to the gravity to get even higher. This allows him to stay into the sky like he's floating, giving him the chance to execute an even more powerful hit.
- Gotsui Tosei: Enishi plants his sword in his opponent's stomach or another body part, and he lifts the opponent with his sword over his head. This is a very difficult technique to realize, because you need a lot of strength in your arms, and a good sword to support the weight.
- Kofuku Zettosei: Enishi's ultimate technique. He uses it to counter the Amakakeru Ryū no Hirameki. He first hold his sword behinds his back and ducks close to the ground to avoid the first strike and the vacuum created after that, and when Kenshin prepares to strike again, he gets up and counters the attack by pulling his sword back up. When Kenshin has missed his hit, Enishi causes him a scar on the chest, but starting from the opposite side. This is the only attack that could ever break the Amakakeru Ryū no Hirameki.